Individuals who purchase insurance are aware of how much coverage an insurance policy provides and how much premium they must pay for such coverage. Most, however, are not aware of the claims department who, in essence, is a vital component of any insurance company. Underwriters have the responsibility of providing quotes and setting up the insurance policy. The claims department assures the Insured that whatever is stated in the policy will be honored and handled professionally. Every claim is different, which means that the claims handling process varies depending on the type of claim and the size of claim.
Every claim begins with the investigation of facts. Pacifica Insurance Underwriter’s, Inc. (PIUI) requires its customers to report any claim within a 24-hour time frame. The Claims Adjuster gathers all the facts of the loss from those involved and reviews the policy to confirm coverage and limits to that coverage. At PIUI, we take our customer’s claims seriously and provide quick response to claims.
Documents needed to file an automobile claim are as follows:
- Accident Notice Form. This is a very simple form filled out by the Insured. The form asks for policy information and accident details. It also has sections for other information needed to get a better understanding of the claim.
- Driver’s Statement Form. This form is provided to customers who purchase automobile insurance and is very straight forward. The form is filled out by the driver who may or may not be the insured customer. The form provides details of the auto accident and gives the Claims Adjuster a better idea of the situation or incident at hand.
- Police Report or Affidavit. All insurance companies in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas (CNMI) will ask for an official police report when a claim is made for automobile accidents. The report is used to provide additional details of the accident. It will show who is at fault and what type of investigation the police officer conducted. Affidavits can also be used in place of a police report although submittal of an affidavit is rare.
- Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration. PIUI will ask for the driver’s license and registration of the vehicle to verify if the license and registration are valid and up to date before pursuing claims procedures.
- Auto Shop Estimates. PIUI requires at least three auto shop estimates to process auto claims. PIUI offers a listing of accredited auto shops, specifically chosen by our company to ensure our customer’s vehicles are treated properly, but more importantly, are repaired correctly.
- Photos. Last, but not least, photos of the damage vehicle will be needed for filing purposes.
Please contact our Claims Adjuster for instruction on other types of claims.
A Claims Adjuster has many responsibilities. He or she may have to investigate further into the claim if facts in the case seem out of place or statements contradict. In such cases, it may require more time to determine if the claim is legitimate. Processing a claim should only take a few days.
Our company is committed to assisting our customers with getting their lives and properties back to pre-accident condition, provided all necessary documents are submitted in a timely matter. Our Company strongly believes in working together with our customers and providing the best claims handling on island. Rest assured, we are committed to making any and all claims hassle-free.
File a claim today! Get a fast response with our online Claim Submission Form.