During the booming years in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), a group of investors saw the need to help businesses and individuals acquire much needed insurance to protect against the unexpected. The intense efforts and great entrepreneurial spirits of all investors resulted in a successful business establishment, which was formed back in the early 1970s—a corporation known today as Pacifica Insurance Underwriters, Inc. (PIUI).
PIUI has now become a household name when it comes to both personal and commercial insurance lines in the CNMI. It continues to represent some of the world’s most distinct insurance carriers in an agent and broker capacity. And with close to 40 years of doing business, PIUI continues to remain confident and steadfast.
- 1973: PIUI signs a general agency agreement with Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Insurance, Ltd. (TMNF). Through TMNF, PIUI offered both commercial and personal lines covering property and casualty, liability, and automobile.
- 1988: PIUI signs a general agency agreement with Pacific Guardian Life for term and whole life policies.
- 1992: PIUI signs a brokership agreement with Century Insurance Company (CIC). Through CIC, PIUI offered additional options for property and casualty, liability, marine, automobile, and workman’s compensation.
- 2000: PIUI signs a brokership agreement with Sterling to provide term and whole life policies.
- 2001: PIUI signs a brokership agreement with Calvo’s Insurance to provide medical, dental, and vision plans to corporate accounts.
- 2004: PIUI signs a general agency agreement with CIC and became CIC’s second insurance company in Micronesia to serve as a general agent. The relationship between the two companies began in 1992 when PIUI signed a brokership agreement with CIC.
- 2016: PIUI signs a general agency agreement with Aetna International for commercial health insurance.
Pacifica Insurance Underwriters, Inc.’s goal is to provide the best coverage and service that exceeds expectations.